Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tool #4 post:

1. Create at least one document in Google Docs and share it with a few others on your campus or within your department. It could a team member, a department colleague, or another teacher with whom you plan a collaboration. Ask that person to comment or chat and real-time edit the document with you.
2. Create one form in Google Docs and send it via email to at least two other people and ask them to respond.
3. Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students?


1. I have created a couple of documents and am waiting for responses to this document. I have used google docs with students, but was not aware that they could have me make edits to their work. I also did not realize that all drafts of their documents are saved as they are corrected. I will need to see how this works as I receive edits back on my documents.
2. I have some issues using google docs with printing. Sometimes the documents will not print properly. If anyone has any tips for avoiding this, I would love to hear them. I have problem solved by having students e-mail me their documents in rich format, so that we could print them from a computer that was aligned to the printer. Again, if anyone has any tips, I am all ears. Does anyone use it regularly in their classrooms. I would love to know, so that throughout the year, I can contact you with my questions and we can problem solve together. IA m willing to be a resource for you as well.
3. Google docs will be great for sharing presentations with teammates. We can each add our page rather than having one person create the whole thing. It could be a great a time saver. I hope we remember to use this in the fall and save our documents here. How much space do we get?
I am excited to use the google docs more with my students and provide edited copies to them. Most kids have a hard time editing their work and this will be a helpful tool.
4. I just had some live editing with Lisa and Sally C. Google docs is a really great way to work on a document with someone who is in another room or another computer. You can live chat about a document and watch someone edit while working on a piece with them. WOW! What a fantastic tool. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment