Monday, August 6, 2012

Tool 11:



1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I really like Google Docs.  I have used it in the past, but now I have new level of understanding at how it can be used for interactive writing. not only for the students, but also for professional use when collaborating with colleagues.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?

I am really looking forward to having an opportunity to start the year fresh with my students and train them how to use the technology properly.  I am going to need to rotate my students through stations at the beginning of the year, so that they know how each piece of equipment works, how to log on and off of each device and what capacity each device has, at least on a surface level.  

I foresee my classroom becoming much more self directing as a result of having the freedom to explore student interest and the ability to present in a manner that fits individual learning style via technology.  It is very exciting.  I hope that I have the patience to deal with the technological difficulties that we may encounter.  Anything has to be better than what we have been dealing with over the past few years as our technology became more and more antiquated.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was surprised to learn how many resources the district has on their website and where to find the resources I need within the district resources.  I really had no idea about the depth of resources available to me as a teacher.  I was also excited to learn more about how to set up the Ipad for effective use in the classroom.  I was also surprised how much my own 8 year old daughter took to the new Ipad with the camera to film herself and create videos on all kinds of topics from duct tape to American Girl Doll play.  It helped to bring into focus what potential there is for the use of Podcasts in presentation for students.  It provides an incredible opportunity for student creativity.  I am excited for the new technology in my classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment